About the Project
Sentient Computing was approached by Calibre Global Technology Group to develop a Permit to Work module.
- Teach the process of raising, using and cancelling isolation permits.
- Visually-engaging animated cutscenes were used to demonstrate the permit system and communicate the virtual storyline, whilst realistic interactions were used to assess competency of the permit locking and tagging procedures.
- The 3D environment was created using real CAD models of the site to allow familiarisation and a sense of immersion.
- Standardised training was delivered to remote operations.
- Site managers gained the ability to assess the competency of their staff and contractors.
- A centralised database of contracting companies and contractors was created for Calibre.