About the Project
Sentient Computing was approached by Woodside to develop a training module to raise awareness about the dangers and risks of hazardous substances used on sites.
- Convey awareness of the proper procedures for the appropriate procurement, storage and use of hazardous chemicals in a harsh and remote environment.
- Integrate the training into an existing learning management system.
- Users were immersed into a 3D environment via a first-person perspective through which they interacted with virtual objects and characters.
- The users were exposed to various emergency scenarios regarding hazardous chemicals throughout the module, requiring them to apply the proper responses or else experience the consequences of their mistakes.
- This module was developed for a online platform so that the training could be accessed remotely.
- Learner feedback from around 700 staff and contractors indicated that 82% found their understanding to have increased and that 81% reported the module to be effective in achieving learning outcomes.
- The module was developed as SCORM-compliant to allow integration into Woodside’s learning management system.